Privacy and cookies
Map Posters grants the user access to all material published on this website (https://www.mapposters.be and https://www.mapposters.eu). Map Posters publishes texts, images and other materials that were provided by us and third parties. Map Posters reserves the right to adjust or delete the published content, without informing the user about it.
We consider your privacy very important, and we describe in detail how we process your data. If you have any questions about this, please contact us via the contact form by clicking here.
What data is collected?
Personal data that are collected and saved by Map Posters consist of, in case the user has chosen to create an account, premium or not: Email address, first name and last name, address, user location and payment information.
Personal data collected by us that are necessary for the use of this website consist of preferences for the use of the website such as but not limited to the language in which the website is displayed.
Finally, for marketing purposes, we collect the following data: which advertisements were shown, data on the device used, user behavior, which advertisements were clicked on.
For what purposes do we process your personal data?
We use your personal data when creating a personal account on this website. The personal data is entered by the user himself or is forwarded from third parties (Facebook, if the user specifically chooses this option) and transferred to a secure database where it is stored. This user information is necessary to be able to use certain services on this website.
Data is used to analyse user behaviour in order to constantly improve the website. This data is collected anonymously, it cannot be linked directly to the user. We do this to improve the user experience.
Cookies are small text files that can be used by websites to make a user's experience more efficient. The law states that we can store cookies on your device if they are strictly necessary for the operation of this site. For all other types of cookies we need your permission.This site uses different types of cookies. Some cookies are placed by third party services that appear on our pages.
Special and/or sensitive personal data
Map Posters has no intention of collecting data from visitors younger than 16 years, unless they have permission from their parents or guardian. We can not control that visitors are younger than 16. For that reason, parents are advised to be involved in the online activities of their children, to avoid that data about children are collected without their consent.
How long is personal data stored?
Your data will only be stored as long as necessary for the purposes described in this policy. Data may also be retained if necessary to fulfil our legal obligations and settle any legal disputes.
Data shared with third parties
Your data will not be made public or shared with third parties. This will only happen with the express permission of the user or if it is necessary to be able to fulfil the order, to comply with legal requirements, legal procedures or enforceable requests from governmental authorities. In addition, your data may be sent to third parties anonymously, without any link or combination with personal data, in order to be able to identify and mitigate security or technical problems.
Map Posters contains a cookie of Google Analytics, a service of Google. This website has no influence on the processing of data by Google. All data collected by Google will be anonymised and stored on Google servers.
Processing of payments
You have, as a user of Map Posters, the right to view, correct or delete your personal data. You can apply for restriction or objection with regard to the processing of your personal data.
- Name: 'lang', Provider: 'mapposters.be' or 'mapposters.eu', Purpose: Remembers the user's selected language version of a website., Expiry: 1 year, Type: HTTP Cookie
- Name: 'orderId', Provider: 'mapposters.be' or 'mapposters.eu', Purpose: Makes it possible to remember the products the user has added to the shopping cart., Expiry: 1 year, Type: HTTP Cookie
- Name: '_ga', Provider: 'mapposters.be' or 'mapposters.eu', Purpose: Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website., Expiry: 2 years, Type: HTTP Cookie
- Name: '_ga_#', Provider: 'mapposters.be' or 'mapposters.eu', Purpose: Used by Google Analytics to collect data on the number of times a user has visited the website as well as dates for the first and most recent visit., Expiry: 2 years, Type: HTTP Cookie
- Name: 'rc::a', Provider: 'Google', Purpose: This cookie is used to distinguish between humans and bots. This is beneficial for the website, in order to make valid reports on the use of their website., Type: HTML Local Storage
- Name: 'rc::c', Provider: 'Google', Purpose: This cookie is used to distinguish between humans and bots., Type: HTML Local Storage